The world required a better solution when it realised that population growth has taken a toll on this very "feeding all & feeding better". There was no way out until this technology-driven hydroponics under vertical farming came to the rescue.
Hydroponics expos around the world are strong proof that this industry has emerged and gained traction in no time.
Globally, hydroponics is a soilless technique of growing fresh produce also known urbanely as soil-less gardening. First, hydroponics uses significantly less water compared to traditional farming, and second, the method is capable of a much higher crop yield.
Investors are eyeing this smart farming. The hydroponics market was valued at USD 9.5 billion in 2020; it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% to reach USD 17.9 billion by 2026.
What makes Hydroponics much more adaptable and a necessity
1) Fresh veggies can be grown and harvested all year due to the obvious inside conditions of the greenhouse or indoor agricultural unit.
2) Farmers choose water-adaptable fruits such as watermelon, cantaloupe, and tomatoes because they are easier to grow using hydroponic methods.
3) The hydroponics market is likely to grow faster as more fruit varieties are produced. Hydroponics trade shows have begun to educate people on the need of investing in this incredibly profitable industry, which will certainly provide great results in the future.
4) According to UN reports on global population, plants that were grown hydroponically achieved 20%–25% more yield than what they were expected to additionally being 3x productive.
Some quick takeaways on Hydroponics and why it is convenient
1.Use of 90% less water
2. Soiless and Waterless Farming technique
3. Seasonless produce
4.End result of plants in quantity & quality is good
5.Yields higher than conventional mode of farming
Researchers have a keen interest in new findings related to the industry and this is why they are spending huge amounts of money on R&D.
Many companies in the hydroponics market are investing heavily into R&D for obtaining state-of-art technologies that boost production and also bring about a variety of cultivations possible.
Strategic partnerships with research labs and institutes further drive the growth of the hydroponics market.
To meet the hydroponics key players, solution providers and main vertical farming companies under one roof - Join the Global Vertical Framing Show GVF2022- Dubai where you'll meet the key stakeholders & have an immense opportunity to build your brand globally, specifically in the Middle Eastern Market.